I have been a coach for almost 10 years now, I have coached physicians, Priests, CEO’s, mothers and many many more. When I first started out as a coach I made many mistakes. I was too afraid to offer my services to potential clients because of the fear of rejection or I did not believe the work I did was worthy enough to be paid the industry standards and that held me back for many years. But into the third year of my coaching career I got myself a coach (who I still work with), this completely changed my business. Having someone who has experienced the road you are about to embark on and who understands the insecurities and struggles you are encountering teamed up with their experience that helped them overcome those challenges sped up my growth and learning exponentially.
Also, I believe it is important to practice what we preach. If we truly believe coaching is an important part of personal growth then it is important for us to invest in our growth too. How effective you are as a coach depends on how well you know how to navigate through your own issues and the better you understand yourself the better you will be able to understand your clients. Hiring a coach for myself as helped me see my own conflicts and barriers and working through them with a trusted partner is the greatest investment I am making in my career so far. Therefore, working with other coaches who have similar values and visions to me, has always been one of the most fulfilling parts of my work.
Some of the benefits of Mentor Coaching:
- Learn about the obstacles that are holding you back from growing your business
- Understand how personal issues once identified can be used to accelerate your growth and the growth of your business
- As a mentee, you can also benefit greatly from hearing the lessons that your mentor has learned along the way- both successes and failures, helping you to avoid the same mistakes
- You have access to detailed industry knowledge, contacts and information which have taken years for the mentor to build which will be readily available for you
- Mentor coaching helps you understand what is like to be on the other side. It helps you understand what it feels like to be a clients making you a more sensitive and effective coach